Tuesday, April 28, 2009

UPDATE: Swine Flu

     100 people in New York have been confirmed of having the virus
     One person has died, but they are still trying to determine if it was due to the virus.

will update this post again later this afternoon.




     So, here is my update on this swine flu thing. Yesterday, there was a private school in Fair Oaks, Ca that closed because there were four  7th graders who were sick. Last night, Sacramento Country confirmed that three 7th graders tested positive for the swine flu. The fourth kid was negative. Here is what I don't understand, so kid no.4 went to Cancun, Mexico for spring break. He got sick. He doesn't have the swine flu. But the three other kids, who DID NOT GO to Cancun, have the swine flu. Can someone please tell me how that happened? I have heard over and over again that they do not know how that could be. I'm hoping the health officials can find an answer to that question.

     Another thing is this, why is it that it seems I am one of the few who who is interested in finding "patient zero"? I understand that it only takes one person to spread the illness. And this person may have worked in a farm whose piggly wigglys may have had it. Have they tested the farm workers? Have they located which farm the illness came from? The answer to that is I don't know. I know it's hard to pin point exactly on "who" it may have been. But since this illness is spreading too quickly, and granted that no one in the US has died from it, I think we still deserve to know the details. And I know that the CDC is working hard to find some answers. I wonder if they were able to get some sort of information in 1976 when they had an outbreak of the swine flu? I'm not bashing anyone. Please, don't get wrong. Like a lot of people out there, as a parent, we would like to know what they have found out.

No comments: